InsightShare are leaders in the use of Participatory Video as a tool for individuals and groups to grow in self-confidence and trust, and to build skills to act for change. Their Participatory Video methods value local knowledge, build bridges between communities and decision-makers, and enable people to develop greater control over the decisions affecting their lives.
As an organisation, they:
- Support a team of Participatory Video practitioners to use and build on our methods & practice by looking at the dynamics, relationships & shifts going on around the camera in a community Participatory Video project;
- Incorporate PLA tools; all the time encouraging listening, sharing, visioning and collective decision-making;
- Develop a global network of community-led media hubs;
- Act as consultants to development agencies, NGO’s and research institutions by providing capacity building & mentoring through thoughtful, & rigorous methods to help them let go of control!
- Aims to go beyond developing local participation to achieve full local ownership;
- Has a strong focus on the Participatory Video process going on behind the technology & its ability to strengthen and support other participatory development processes;
- Shows a unique combination of technical and facilitation skills, combines media and technology with participatory approaches and community engagement;
- Develops and improves PV tools constantly to enhance the design, set up and implementation of projects;
- Builds power for local users, involves people, give NGOs the tools to do this